Dishwasher tablet not disolving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We have th AEG 60860 dishwasher and use 3in1 tablets.

Every now and the flap that holds the tablet would not open or it would open but the tablet would be found inthe bottom only partially dissolved.

We'd set it off a 2nd time and it' be fine.

Over the last 2 days it has done it about 6 times and we can't seem to get it to work.

We have tried a dishwasher cleaning solution.

I'm not sure what actually opens or triggers the opening of the flap.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Spray arms blocked or a smelly cleaner hanging on the top basket or cutlery tray to close to the front bottom basket.

Thanks I'll check the spray arms.

Sorry I didn't quite understand the 2nd part. do you mean something that hangs in the dishwasher? we don't have that in our model.

Cheers

Occasionally in my machine, a stray breadknife pokes out towards the flap, preventing it from opening fully.....I think this is what rocks means.
Rice grains in the spray arm nozzles doesn't help either!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

it's not an item as I've re loaded it a few times.

Hopefully rice or other annoyence in the spray arm. I've had that a lot but didn't know it effected the flap opening.

Good to know. cheers

The spray arms wont affect the door opening - thats done by a solenoid that releases the catch......it may prevent the detergent tablet from being washed out of the holder though.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back