Dishwasher tablets not disolving fully (Bosch SGV57T03GB/02)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas please?
After cycle has completed on my Bosch SGV57T03GB/02, the soap dispenser drawer is open, but the tablet is not dissolved properly. I have checked for any obstructions and cleaned all filters but it's still happening :cry:
Have put tablet in cutlery drawer and it dissolves as it should. Would like to fix drawer if possible, seems to be working fine when switch is flicked manually. Does anyone know what makes the drawer open during cycle?
I am wondering if the drawer is only opening towards the end.

Sponsored Links
Problem isn't with the dispenser. Check the spray arms for blockages, especially at the ends as it these that wash the tablet out of the drawer.
Also check that the water level in the dishwasher is correct.
Partial blockage of the metering tank to sump transfer hose can result in a lower water level.

Sleepy know more, but I was thinking the hatch might be sticky or blocked by some large item. on mine the tablet falls out when I hear the door spring open, and I hear it fall to the bottom or land on something inside. Sometimes a grill pan or something might wedge against the hatch.

is your tablet staying in the recess, or falling out?

Hi Sleepy and John, and thanks for responding to my pleas for help!

Sleepy, I have cleaned out arms, but will try again. How do I check the water level is correct?

John - tablet remains in the recess mostly undissolved. Has worked fine for the last 3 years. Can't see that anything might be stopping it from opening (it slides to the side rather than flips open).

I have tried on different programmes but nothing works. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your help guys.

Sponsored Links
Are the dishes in the top dirty and bottom clean? or vice versa?
There is a hose between the dishwasher sump and the metering tank that gets clogged up, if it's clogged it could account for a lower water level.

Hi all,

Tried cleaning out inlet hose again, and checked spray arms. Put dishwasher on normal cycle, opened door with intrepidation this morning - but voila - tablet all gone and dishes clean!

Just wanted to say thanks very much for all your words of wisdom.

I found this website when searching for 'dishwasher troubleshooting' - now saved to my faves - think it's great! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back