Dishwasher waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a split dishewasher waste pipe which needs replacing - it seems an easy enough job but one problem I'm having is working out how to fully drain the dishwasher.

Issue is that the waste pipe goes into the very bottom under the machine, and Even when cycle is finished the bottom salt store is still full of water - I'm guessing tipping the dish washer when this is full of water isn't going to be the best idea, any ideas how to fully drain this out too?

Thanks

Marc

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the waste pipe from the drain, and lay it flat on the floor - or better still, out of the back door.
That should drain out as much water from the machine as possible.
John :)

In a flat so will have to be option a - maybe I can lift it and rest on something and then get the pipe into a bucket.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hi all

We have a split dishewasher waste pipe which needs replacing - it seems an easy enough job but one problem I'm having is working out how to fully drain the dishwasher.

Issue is that the waste pipe goes into the very bottom under the machine, and Even when cycle is finished the bottom salt store is still full of water - I'm guessing tipping the dish washer when this is full of water isn't going to be the best idea, any ideas how to fully drain this out too?

Thanks

Marc

Plenty of towels and a bucket is the best way if you don't have an AquaVac!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back