Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Neff dishwasher which is from around 1994 and it's past its best so am replacing it.

Having replaced washing machine in the past I assumed this would be a trivial task and well within my skills.

However the current dishwasher has a combined feed and drain and connects up to some sort of solenoid which is tucked away behind units.

I am buying a new Neff due for delivery tomorrow and I don't know if that uses a similar arrangement.

I was wondering if I can detach the pipe from the old dishwasher and reuse it on the new one or will I likely have to replace the lot?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Very unlikely that the old one has a combined feed and drain. More likely that the solenoid you refer to is an anti-flood valve at the pipe-work end of the cold fill.

I've never seen a combined feed and drain and it's hard to imagine how it could be arranged.

Your new machine will have separate drain and cold fill. Why not look up the installation instructions on the internet to see how it's installed?

Yes correct... It's an aqua stop or something. By combined feed and drain I meant there is one pipe from the unit. Hence combined feed and drain.

So those aqua stops are not necessary?

Good idea on finding the instructions for the new model lol.. will do that. Might get be back with more questions!

By combined feed and drain I meant there is one pipe from the unit. Hence combined feed and drain.

No. Keep looking. There will be a second pipe.
Unless your old dishwasher has just been draining out the back and into the void under the floor for the last 20 years.

Sponsored Links
Nope just one outlet. It's a chunky thing corrugated with the inlet and the outlet inside it. I can see the outlet fork off before the aqua stop and go into the drain 40mm PVC pipe. The inlet then goes to mains water.

I've figured out how to disconnect it anyway as I can unscrew the aqua stop from the mains outlet. It's just in an awkward place so I couldn't see what it was doing.

OK, someone has threaded the two pipes into a bit of corrugated conduit.

Regardless, if both of the pipes that are inside the single pipe enter the machine without any external connection points then nope you can't use them.

Most machines you get these days will have an external inlet pipe that connects externally at either end and a drain pipe that's connected internally to the outlet of the pump that then runs to a waste pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back