Dishwashers - Any brands to avoid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are looking for a dishwasher. Maximum we would like to spend is about £300.

I know Hotpoint washing machines are absolutely crap, but what are their dishwashers like? We replaced our washing machine in the summer of last year and subscribed to "Which?" for 1 month to get some reviews. Hotpoint were one of the worst for washing machines. "Which?" rated the Whirlpool ADP5406 as their top dishwasher, but have just seen a review where it scored 0.3 out of 5. Several reviewers really slating it, wishing they had never bought it.

So, what would you recommend?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
CDA and Essentials are two too avoid like the plague (used to do their warranty work) they breakdown frequently.

CDA and Essentials are two too avoid like the plague (used to do their warranty work) they breakdown frequently.

Never heard of those! Was thinking abot one of the more common well known brands:

Hotpoint, Beko, Indesit, Baumatic, Hoover, Bosch .... etc

Indesit own Hotpoint, Creda, Ariston
Electrolux own AEG, Zanussi, Tricity Bendix
Hoover and Candy same company
Whirlpool manufacture Diplomats
Bosch is part of Siemens, Neff, BSH group

Generally I stick to recomending Bosch or Zanussi badged machines but you also need to check where they are built. Not all the factories are equal even in the same group.

Personally I recommend elbow grease, my 17 year old dishwasher has a grumble every now and then but he rarely lets me down.

Sponsored Links
From personal experience, avoid Hotpoint altogether.

(See my earlier thread titled 'Bosch/Siemens buying advice'.)

Ive now started to replace all my Hotpopint appliances with Bosch. I wouldnt even allow a Hotpoint appliance into my home, even if it was free.

Go for a Bosch one, with as few programs as possible and preferably a turny dial rather than a digital display.....only my opinion though!
The worst machine I ever bought was an Ariston - an absolute pile that went through the window after 15 months.
John :)

like Burnerman says. You won't get a Miele at that price, go for a Bosch. Simpler the better (less to go wrong)

Leccy may I correct you. Bosch is not owned by siemens. BSH Bosch and Siemens Hausegerate GMBH is a company 50% owned by Bosch and Siemens. Otherwise the companies have no connectionwith each other.
Indesit own Hotpoint, Creda, Ariston
Electrolux own AEG, Zanussi, Tricity Bendix
Hoover and Candy same company
Whirlpool manufacture Diplomats
Bosch is part of Siemens, Neff, BSH group

Generally I stick to recomending Bosch or Zanussi badged machines but you also need to check where they are built. Not all the factories are equal even in the same group.

Personally I recommend elbow grease, my 17 year old dishwasher has a grumble every now and then but he rarely lets me down.

I am happy with my hotpoint now 6 yrs old, broke once, easy / cheap to fix.
Had hotpont before this for about 7 years, never failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back