Diversity method does it really work

Millions of people write like that on 'social media' and in places like internet forums - and that means absolutely nothing about their degree of interest in doing properly a job they are writing about.
Why do you not do it here, then?

Sponsored Links
Why do you not do it here, then?
Because I'm of a generation of people who generally don't.

I certainly 'do it' to some extent with text messages (not that I send many) - but that's because I find these confounded little 'mini-keyboards' so frustrating/annoying/slow to use (my finger covers about four letters) that I would do absolutely anything to reduce the character count.

Kind Regards, John

@JohnW2 God bless you pal thanks for you help and clarification regarding my question.

But there will always be one or two idiots out there who aim to be petty. They won't contribute towards any thing but they are the fast to try and pick of one's fault.
Makes it even worse with all this computer worries nowadays.

You can never knock a man down for trying.

The 'language' we used, to minimise (morse) keystrokes, was very similar to 'text-talk' - with omission of many vowels and a good few redundant consonants it certainly included "u" and "hlp".
There was a valid reason to do that, just as there used to be a valid reason for shorthand when taking dictation, when advertising in Dltns Wkly, and, later, when SMS really did mean a short message and using a phone keypad was a cumbersome pain.

But not now - when writing here there is no need for it, and 'text-talk' should not be used.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back