Cooker / Hob new radial circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add a new radial circuit for a hob and cooker.
The hob is induction type running at 6kw and the oven is 2.3kw
with diversity I make out the demand to be about 22.5amps
So should I just use 6mm cable and a 32amp mcb or should I future proof with 10mm while everything's in bits?

Cable run is about 10 metres and in free air under floorboards.

I'm intending on using a click easy fit dual appliance plate + spur off with 6mm to an unswitched socket (or fcu) for future proofing with a dual accessory box. - this ok ?
This would allow isolation via a single cooker switch mounted above the worktop.

The appliances came without cables attached (hob needs 4mm 3 core h07, and the oven needs 1.5mm 3 core h07) - Am I ok just putting the oven straight into the dual appliance plate or should it be fused via a fcu (or fix a plug and unswitched socket)? (the manual doesn't mention anything about fusing except that the oven needs 13amp)

Sponsored Links
So should I just use 6mm cable and a 32amp mcb or should I future proof with 10mm while everything's in bits?
6mm² will suffice as long as it does not run through ANY thermal insulation.

Cable run is about 10 metres and in free air under floorboards.
That's ok then.

I'm intending on using a click easy fit dual appliance plate + spur off with 6mm to an unswitched socket (or fcu) for future proofing with a dual accessory box. - this ok ?
Yes.

This would allow isolation via a single cooker switch mounted above the worktop.
Very wise.

The appliances came without cables attached (hob needs 4mm 3 core h07, and the oven needs 1.5mm 3 core h07) - Am I ok just putting the oven straight into the dual appliance plate
Yes - if you also use 4mm² cable for the oven.

or should it be fused via a fcu (or fix a plug and unswitched socket)? (the manual doesn't mention anything about fusing except that the oven needs 13amp)
The regulations say the Manufacturer's Instructions must be followed (although the above is electrically satisfactory) so an FCU or plug with the 1.5mm² cable will be acceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back