Diverter valve for fixed/flexible shower heads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you want a shower with the option of using either a fixed or flexible shower head, you would normally buy a thermostatic controller with build in diverter tap to switch between the 2 (or 3 if you use side jets).

I want to use a digital shower and after looking around have decided that I like the look and price of the Mira Platinum digital shower. Unlike Aqualisa, their digital showers don't have the standard option of built in / separate diverter valves to redirect water flow.

Instead, I've bought a separate Hudson Reed fixed shower head. Now I need a diverter tap to take the water from the Mira unit and then have two feeds either to the HR fixed shower head, or the Mira handheld shower head. The diverter has proved very challenging to find - a simple diverter with 1 (or 2) inlets, and only 2 outlets. I can easily find diverters with 3 (or more) outlets, but the problem with those is that they normally have stop positions for each outlet plus one for off. That's four stop settings, when all I need is two. In addition, I don't think that digital showers will like being on with the diverter blocking flow because it is in the off position.

Lastly, the diverter has to enable a good flow of water (i'm on an unvented system) to the fixed shower head as it is rather large.

Aqualisa has a 2 setting manual diverter in its Axis range but it is a MP valve I was hoping to have HP valve for the water flow.

If anyone can recommend a suitable two position (ie either fixed or flexible with no off position), wall mounted, high pressure chrome diverter, I'd be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mark.

A year has passed... did you manage to find a suitable diverter in the end. I too am looking at the Mira Platinum with an overhead.

Cheers.
Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back