Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can i check if my diverter valve is broke as i cant get any hot water only central heating works. the boiler comes on when heating is called for but when hot water is called for it remains cold.
I have an ideal system boiler so i have a hot water cylinder as well but this is cold as taps at every sink bath etc not hot

Sponsored Links
Its a Drayton Zone valve actuator ZA5 there is a little white box on a pipe with half a red cog wheel sticking out the side but this has no make or model and has a power cable coming out of it is this the diverter valve?

Sponsored Links
clf-gas no i am not a plumber just thought i would put it at the end of dazman as that name had already gone. i am a postman. i will put up some photos now to show you what i mean.

Thankyou

chill out seco my computer was slow so i submitted it again slightly differently. but as you know you cannot delete posts so now im replying to two threads but the same subject if thats ok with you!!

i am a postman. i will put up some photos now to show you what i mean.

No need, I know what a postman is and so does my dog
PostmanPat.jpg

You appear to have a three port valve to which the syncron motor has failed, very easy to replace and much cheaper than an actuator head. ;)

You appear to have a three port valve to which the syncron motor has failed, very easy to replace and much cheaper than an actuator head. ;)

thats what i said on the other post then he said its still moves when heating on.
so i told him to check cyl stat. LOL

As you can see the white box with the red cog wheel is not a cylinder stat as that is in a seperate pic. the last pic on the right is the zone valve actuator on the side showing the letters A and B.
I will need to get a voltage indicator to check that power is getting to the zone valve actuator but if it is moving when the central heating comes on then i think that it is getting power.

Seco i will stick to this post ONLY LOL.

Postman pat picture very funny LOL

Thats the zone valve, (two port valve).

Thats also an unvented system you have. (nice pipework).

Can you get a multi meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back