Diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a Worcester bosch greenstar 24i boiler and i would like to know if i fit the optional integral diverter valve,kit number 7716192409 do i have to remove the boiler from the wall ?
Thanks in advance
Des

Sponsored Links
Hi All
I have a Worcester bosch greenstar 24i boiler and i would like to know if i fit the optional integral diverter valve,kit number 7716192409 do i have to remove the boiler from the wall?
Presumably you mean the 24i System boiler, not the 24i Junior. If so, the answer to your question is: Yes. See Diverter valve instructions

Incidentally, why do you want to add the diverter valve?

Whatever you want to achieve, it would be far cheaper to fit everything outside the boiler.

In addition it would be possible as a DIY job.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile, not sure it would be cheaper. A grundfos pump on its own is 65ish plus vat with any other div valve remote from the boiler. I fitted a 24 Ri in my place rather than the system boiler even though the system boiler was cheaper all in. The only reason I did this was because I wanted and Alpha2 on my system..... ;)

But the OP already has a pump.

All thats needed is a mid position valve and suitable controls.

The instructions for the diverter valve also shows an expansion vessel but does not seem to mention why. It seems to be a conversion kit to a system boiler.

As anything external will need an RGI then as a DIY project its only parts required.

Any job taking the boiler off the wall starts at £120 if I am pricing it. That assumes the OP is fit and will help with lifting otherwise I may need to bring in help or access platforms. The latter dont argue or turn up late or drunk.

Tony

The OP has not answered my question about which 24i he owns. The System obviously has a built-in pump and the Junior an external one.

Presumably he has the system boiler as that is the only one the diverter valve is designed for.

The OP also has not said why he wants to fit the diverter.

Thanks to everyone who replied ,my boiler is the 24i System boiler ,ithe reason i want to fit a diverter valve is in summer with all rads turn off and i only want hot water it still pumps hot water around the ch system,to me this seems a waste of energy.
I am a OAP and have to watch the pennies.
Regards
Des

Thanks to everyone who replied ,my boiler is the 24i System boiler ,ithe reason i want to fit a diverter valve is in summer with all rads turn off and i only want hot water it still pumps hot water around the ch system,to me this seems a waste of energy.
I am a OAP and have to watch the pennies.
Regards
Des

Demma

Was there no diverter valve fitted when the boiler was installed?

A modern set up of one 3 port mid position valve or two 2 port valves, enables what you are trying to achieve.

Hi
There was no diverter valve fitted when the boiler was installed,but i have the DIVERTOR VALVE KIT 24 KW (7716192409)
Des

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back