DIY 1.5 meter Batten Light next to wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am keen to replace my Bayonet Caps light next to wardrobe with a Long batten light. I have troubles in finding right items. My needs are..

1. I need Batten with wire connectors at the middle part of frame as my current light holder is the middle of room and want to have batten fixed symmetrically. Most of the batten lights I have seen got wire connectors at the end. Is there any brand/specification I need to search to get batten lights with middle connection..?

Or could I hid wires inside frame and still one side connection could look good..?

2. I want to use my existing BC holder, I am keen to if I can get a connector that I can twist/push into BC holder and lights up batten. I couldn't see this sort of items sale in UK . Is this available or not legal in UK..?

Thanks very much in advance for any help on these ..

Sponsored Links
2. I want to use my existing BC holder, I am keen to if I can get a connector that I can twist/push into BC holder and lights up batten. I couldn't see this sort of items sale in UK . Is this available or not legal in UK..?

The fitting may not be double insulated and may therefore require an earth.

Ok. Thanks.
Any inputs for batten light with connectors in the middle rather than ends..? thanks

Sponsored Links
All sorted with this item, available in most of the DIY shops
Sylvania Single 6ft IP20 Fitting with T8 Integrated LED Tube - 24W

wardrobe area looks great after this job. Thanks for all help here..

upload_2022-2-7_0-41-20.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back