DIY a Block Paving Driveway

I take it breaker = pneumatic drill.

Would hiring the drill, breaking up and then skipping it at your leisure be an option say??? If it's 4 inch maybe it's not so hard to break? And perhaps the hardcore is in good order under.

Could you even re-concrete but with a brick edge? I think concrete is a great matieral if you mix it up with a central strip and a few squares left open.

Sponsored Links
If you can't drive a digger there are plenty of man + machine deals out there. Your own driveway is not the place to learn.

he cant really dig until the concretes broken up and hand digging may be a mugs game but it depends on the soil and as someone pointed out earlier theres less risk to gas pipes and cables :whistle:
Being the front drive, there is no problem with accessing a 1.5 tonne or even a 3 tonne digger. Both will flip the concrete like digestive biscuits, in the right hands. Forget using a breaker, hire a man and machine. He will have it all piled up ready for the grab man. And if your grab man is any good he will have access to MOT stone etc, which your digger man can knock about on the same shift.

I've done this sort of thing before kazuya :whistle:.

yes im sure you have but im looking at it from the perspective of someone that hasn't and is wanting to do the work themselves, but yes if hes willing to hire a man and a machine then that is the best option

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the replies.
Yep going to call in the Pros's too many sunny weekends to waste on this :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back