DIY kitchen connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am a diyer and need some advice re the kitchen, i am installing a new kitchen and am i allowed under the new regs to wire in my cooker hood and cooker etc myself, or does that come under part p, there will only be connected to existing socket thingys

Sponsored Links
As long as you are only connecting appliances to existing sockets or FCUs, you don't need approval from anywhere else.

i am a diyer and need some advice re the kitchen, i am installing a new kitchen and am i allowed under the new regs to wire in my cooker hood and cooker etc myself, or does that come under part p
Yes, it "comes under Part P" - anything you do, anywhere in the house etc does.

Not everything is notifiable - read Schedule 2B.

HELL FIRE THATS SOME READ AND I AM NO FURTHER FORWARD, ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHETHER OR NOT THIS WOULD COME UNDER NOTIFIABLE OR NOT, CAN ANY ONE TELL ME PLZ

Sponsored Links
NO NEED TO SHOUT (turn your caps lock off)
What are you intending to do? Are you installing any fixed electrical wiring?

sorry sparky, no i wont be , just connecting the wire from cooker and cooker hood to the sockets already there, taking the cover off and connecting them up

1. Work consisting of -
(a) replacing any fixed electrical equipment which does not include the provision of—
(i) any new fixed cabling; or

(ii) a consumer unit;

which according to schedule 2b is non-notifiable (shortened version here: clicky)

thank you sparky, all clear now, i will be fine with what i need to do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back