DIY Kitchen Install - Fitting an Itegrated Gas Oven and Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm busy sorting out our kitchen with new units/fronts/worktops , and have got to the point where I need to think seriously about replacing our tatty old cooker.

I've got to the part of the kitchen where the cooker would go, and it's got me thinking whether to leave a space for a free standing cooker, or put in an integrated unit.....

...the only problem is, I haven't a clue how much it would cost for a proper corgi registered fitter to fit a simple integrated gas oven and hob - is there much more work than installing a free standing unit?

Before I start ringing around, I'd like to be pre-armed with a rough ball park idea of what the cost involved should be. I'd already have the base unit assembled, the worktop cut, and everything loose-fit so it would simply need connecting and fastening in.

I appreciate it isn't an exact science, but as I'm off to buy some more units later, a rough idea would help me to decide whether to buy an integrated carcass, or just leave a space.

Sponsored Links
i won't get involved in how much it will cost as that is each to their own but i will say i would charge more for an oven & hob than a free standing appliance as the oven and hob require to be connected seperately and are slightly more awkward, i would also say the appliance type should have been considered early as part of the original plan as clearences etc can have an effect on dimensions of space required, default clearences on freestanding cooker is 20mm either side but if new you will have the MI's and that will dictate but you will have bought the appliance before you read the MI's, a built in oven will normally go inside a 600mm unit

Yeah I figured it might involve a little more than a free standing unit.

I've allowed a little flexibility in the design, and at the moment it's just at the setting out stage, nothing is fastened down yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back