Gas cooker with flexible pipe in Scotland

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can a gas cooker (i.e. a free-standing unit with burners on top and an oven underneath) be connected with a flexible pipe? I ask this as I am thinking of buying a new cooker and want to be able to move it around a little bit (just a few inches each way) if I fit new units and worktops around it. I'm in Scotland if it makes a difference and will be using a proper registered gas fitter.
Am I correct in thinking that a flexible pipe cannot be used to connect a gas hob?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can use a flexi on the free standing cooker.
Can't see the point on a hob?

The point of flexible hose for the hob would be that if I were to attempt to change the units under the worktop holding the hob I could probably get away with it (i.e. without changing the worktop).

Just realised it must be pretty much standard to use a flexible fitting with a cooker, so that the cooker can be slid back into a space between units?

Can a bayonet fitting be used to connect the cooker, so that I can move the cooker away completely then re-connect it myself?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back