DIY underground chamber

I never understood the point of putting servers in bunkers.

They are useless without their network link, and that will most likely be buried in a plastic conduit about 30cm below the surface.

What attack are they supposed to be safe against?

Sponsored Links
Why start trolling over here?
Trolling? :rolleyes:

Are you mentally deficient in some way? I'm not trolling.

Look back at the first three opening words....

I am doing research
Shall we look at the whole first sentence?

I am doing research into the feasibility/cost of building a subterranean chamber.

For your homework write out "I am doing research" three thousand times and report back to teacher in the morning. :mrgreen:
For your homework stop behaving like an idiot and explain how researching the feasibility/cost of building a subterranean chamber in the USA on a website based in the UK where people are not likely to know about US rules/laws/regulations/codes of practice is a worthwhile exercise.

I never understood the point of putting servers in bunkers.

They are useless without their network link, and that will most likely be buried in a plastic conduit about 30cm below the surface.
But networks can be restored, and can be made resilient. If you still have your servers, and more importantly your data, you can be back in operation.

If you lose your servers and your data you are seriously stuffed.

Why start trolling over here?

Look back at the first three opening words....

I am doing research

Does that not ring a bell? :LOL:

For your homework write out "I am doing research" three thousand times and report back to teacher in the morning. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Thank you for the benefit of the doubt. I am reading pages anywhere and everywhere in order to learn about the technical aspect of this task. The typical answer I got from the U.S. forums was "bury some cargo containers". I am trying to find people who think outside the box, rather than people who want to put me in a box. Yes, building codes are important but I found a dismal amount of info on the "normal" forums based in the U.S. so I started looking abroad.

I am also a citizen of Ireland - have dual citizenship so there is a chance I could end up closer to you all than you think.

Sponsored Links
Yes, building codes are important but I found a dismal amount of info on the "normal" forums based in the U.S. so I started looking abroad.
And you think that you'll find more people who know about US codes and regulations outside the US than in it?

How bizarre.

I am also a citizen of Ireland - have dual citizenship so there is a chance I could end up closer to you all than you think.
Be a bit of a schlep from there to your subterranean dwelling in the USA.

Yes, building codes are important but I found a dismal amount of info on the "normal" forums based in the U.S. so I started looking abroad.
And you think that you'll find more people who know about US codes and regulations outside the US than in it?

How bizarre.

The issue of codes doesn't really matter wherever he builds it. Codes are generally not prescriptive, and merely offer deemed-to-satisfy solutions to various building problems.

As long as the OP can produce a design which achieves the same or better standards than his local code there would be no problem.

It's the same principle here as in the US and, no doubt, most other jurisdictions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back