DIY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was thinking about enroling onto a basic home study course in DIY with one of these online distance learning colleges. Stonebridge, BSY or Open College etc.

I know you may not approve but i think it may help me learn more on the subjects I am interested in. Just wondered if anyone here has undertook a theory based course in DIY or do you suggest I enrol onto a hands on course at my local College.
They have a DIY course.
http://www.opencollege.info

Thanks

Sponsored Links
On the DIY course page...
Students who have enroled onto this course have also found the Feng Shui course is an excellent accompaniment.

Say's it all really. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not sure if advertising plant?

but anyway, what about you tube, there are a stupidly large number of good instructional videos on there, can't see the point of paying for a DIY degree.

Sponsored Links
Some of the large DIY books are useful but hands on is best. I would imagine that most people who are 'good' at DIY learned from watching their dad (as I did). My dad's motto is 'have a go yourself and if it doesn't work, get someone in.'

Some of the large DIY books are useful but hands on is best. I would imagine that most people who are 'good' at DIY learned from watching their dad (as I did). My dad's motto is 'have a go yourself and if it doesn't work, get someone in.'

Good advice from your old man but my dads worse then me, when I was about 14 we spent a whole day putting together a simple flatpack computer desk. I learnt by buying an old falling apart house and having no money so had to sink or swim on my own.

On rebuilding an older even more falling apart house a few years later and most of the pro's seem to have less of a clue then me so apart from electrics Im re-building the whole bloody house. Buying a Landrover also helps as the thing keeps breaking down(good old British engineering) so you end up learning car maintenance too.

Best way worcesterguy is to build a shed or doghouse then paying for a course, practice and sink or swim.

Back