DIY home courses

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone come across or know any good DIY "learn on your own" programs. I found a pretty good one for Brick laying where they take it so far as if you want them to "certify" you, you show up to one of their locations and they test you. I just want to learn the stuff for myself as a home owner but I was wondering if any one has come across any other good DIY correspondence courses for anything else. I've been looking for welding as well but most I find are for actual classes. I know I can just youtube stuff but usually if someone has a well thought out program then the instruction and information may be of better quality than Youtube.

Sponsored Links
I'm all ears for this as well, was half-heartedly looking at plastering course a month ago but went no further.

Round here ddult classes for stuff like this went years ago when the colleges lost a lot of funding through cutbacks.

If it's just for your own home improvement, do what I did. I taught myself bricklaying (well after a few pointers from my mate who was a bricklayer. He even gave me a spare string line). I built a lean-to garage next to our house (single skinned, stretcher bond) which, since we moved over ten years ago, is still standing.

PS, all the bricks are in straight lines!

Sponsored Links
What about You Tube which is ok if it is just home diy. I picked up a few tips on lead burning,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back