To DIY or not to DIY

W

wpl9591

It has been said that "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Taking that first step, regardless of the objective, is almost always the most difficult thing to do. It requires a clear vision of what you want to achieve and commit yourself with that goal.

For homeowners, the concept of DIY is well accepted as it not only saves money but also great on our egos. Nothing is more fulfilling than the satisfaction of having achieved something.

Things, however, do not always go as planned. There will be times when nothing seems to go right, and that is when we start doubting and thinking of alternatives.

It is, therefore, really wise to learn all this before deciding to take that first step. It is also important to know that DIY is not for everyone (and there is nothing wrong with that).

So, regardless if it is DIY or hiring professional painting contractors (if it is a paint job), what is important is the achievement of your goal.

Sponsored Links
So, regardless if it is DIY or hiring professional painting contractors (if it is a paint job), what is important is the achievement of your goal.

You know what they say...."if you can p1$$ you can paint!":cool:

Hmmm seems a long way about the saying which applies to most things... 'Know your limits' .

Sponsored Links
Things, however, do not always go as planned. There will be times when nothing seems to go right, and that is when we start doubting and thinking of alternatives.

Preferred alternative: bodge it up.

When I was working, I was happy to pay for a job, if I was earning more than I was paying.
There are some jobs I think I can do better, it may well take longer.

Were you p1$$ed when you wrote that? :rolleyes:
I don't touch a drop in the week me duck.
Hey, I didn't invent the saying, a bedroom fitter told it me. I had been working 16 years before I'd even heard it.

P.S. Me grandad was a sign-writer and had his own P&D business. Ho hum.

You know what they say...."if you can p1$$ you can paint!":cool:
Said that to an old fella I used to work with years ago. He was a retired house builder who built thousands in Bristol in the 60s and 70s. That's what I used to tell the painters he said, except in our day it was 'If you can urinate you can decorate'.

Wound many a painter up by saying "our lass does our decorating, womans work" :LOL:

Moderator 11 said:
which country are you really in, wpl9591?

Can I add "And whats coming next? links to contractors & services?" :)

Cynical old git am I :)

Sponsored Links
Back