Waste of time tradesmen.....

Ah............I'm the a******e....

As I said before if you don't have anything relevant or helpful to say then DON'T POST.

It's an open forum mate so having a paddy and shouting is pointless.
Laying down the law though on a forum you don't own or moderate does give an insight as to why no body wants to work for you.
Happy digging.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to go against the tide, guys, but I've had a quick look and cannot see any evidence that Daz is a 'rogue customer'. Have I missed something?

Sorry to go against the tide, guys, but I've had a quick look and cannot see any evidence that Daz is a 'rogue customer'. Have I missed something?

I've a couple of people do things for me before and had no problems, I paid them what they asked for, on time, and when there were problems (with paint and not the workmanship) they came out and re finished all in good time and without problems.

I can't moan about someones workmanship when they don't do anything, I'm just perplexed as to why they would want to come and spend time looking at a job and not do anything thereafter??

Exactly. They are making a judgement about YOU whether you like it or not.

We can spot a difficult customer a mile away.

Sponsored Links
I have also estimated, and budgeted, the cost to be around £2,500 for the works so would be interested to see what their price is.

Without seeing it I can't be sure but that figure sounds on the low side based on what you have said. If you are suggesting it to them in conversation I'm not surprised they're not coming back to you.

Exactly. They are making a judgement about YOU whether you like it or not.

We can spot a difficult customer a mile away.

We?

What line of work are you in, Joe? (He won't say!)

Right down the spec, don't say a word and let them visit when you are out. It's YOU that they don't like, telling them their own job and how long it should take. Look at doubling that figure and you might get somewhere.

You need some verbal Imodium.

What would you know you silly unemployed dope? :rolleyes:

Very good joe. Insults all round. Never a good word from your keyboard, eh?

BTW, you're wrong on all three counts.

I can't be a difficult customer they haven't done any work for me, you fool!

I have been taking my car to the same garage for 25yrs, never a problem I pay cash when they want me to and get invoices when I need them. I leave the car with them and they phone me and let me know what needs doing and I authorise the repairs/work. Simple good customer relations and excellent workmanship and complete trust both ways.

I had decorators in to paint my rented house, they came they did the job, a problem arose (bad paint blistering) they met me on site agreed a solution and rectified the work no problem, they finished the work in time and I went round THEIR house, with a cheque, to pay the bill no problem!

I had a builder in who knocked two rooms around and put up new ceilings upstairs, he started the work without giving me a price spent around 6-7 days doing the work on an ad hoc basis (that's one day a week for Joe)
Finished without problems, even completing additional works quickly to enable a different decorator to complete his works. Ask to be paid in cash and £3k later I was round his house the day after he asked for the money with the cash.

A difficult customer, MOI, I don't think so.....................

Yet again certain 'keyboard warriors' or should that be Trolls try to cause trouble and have no idea what their talking about and to whom.

They can't all be wrong mate. Something is putting them off. They wouldn't bother spending time and fuel if they didn't want the work. The only thing that can be putting them off is YOU. Whining and whinging on here proves it.

I have also estimated, and budgeted, the cost to be around £2,500 for the works so would be interested to see what their price is.

Without seeing it I can't be sure but that figure sounds on the low side based on what you have said. If you are suggesting it to them in conversation I'm not surprised they're not coming back to you.

My figure may be low, I don't price groundwork/landscaping but I never said anything about price to them.

As a potential customer I am waiting for their thoughts, proposals and prices this is what I'm not receiving and I'm wondering why?

Once I get two or three prices in I can then judge who is best suited to the work based on what they propose and the price they ask.

If we leave interpersonal relationships to one side then there is a strong chance that there is something(s) that makes the job a complete ballache or something that is hard to price accurately.

Or, you are asking for quotes from the wrong people. I'm not sure that many busy established local firms will be bothering with stuff like checkatrade and you need a small firm rather that one man with a shovel.

Feck me. just found the ignore button.... what a fantastic tool that gets rid of a tool!!!!

f**k me. just found the ignore button.... what a fantastic tool that gets rid of a tool!!!!

The more you post - the more we can see what you are really like. They've sussed you mate. Get over it. Write the spec on paper and fook off to work and let them quote. :rolleyes:

If we leave interpersonal relationships to one side then there is a strong chance that there is something(s) that makes the job a complete ballache or something that is hard to price accurately.

The something could be the location - Surrey - home of " the rich " and plagued by travellers :idea: So there is an issue of trust . And who in their 20`s knows Jack about work/ custard relations - I didn`t :oops: . I know about living surrounded by rich b`stards - Sussex born + bred ;)

Possibly the issue with this job might be that it involves a considerable amount of excavation and filling, which seems largely to be labour.

This type of work can become a little 'indeterminate' and may expand once work starts. Also, it can be difficult for some tradesmen to work out - for example - how many skips would be needed, or if 20 cub.m. of fill would be sufficient etc.

Naturally, most tradesmen would prefer a 'well-defined' job, rather than something which - in their view - might take longer than they anticipated.

Sponsored Links
Back