Do you bother about Hogmanay/New Year?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Am I right in guessing you're in Scotland? ;)

Definitely not Yorkshire as you mention paying for mixers.
nope middle of england although with a big Scottish population its been a tradition for at least 60 years it used to be any amount of spirits . The young ones nearly feked it up about 20 years ago bringing in crates of beer which was taking the pish no wine allowed either .
At one stage in our pub back in the 80`s the landlord would put a bottle of whisky and a bottle of vodka on every table .

nope middle of england although with a big Scottish population its been a tradition for at least 60 years it used to be any amount of spirits . The young ones nearly feked it up about 20 years ago bringing in crates of beer which was taking the pish no wine allowed either .
At one stage in our pub back in the 80`s the landlord would put a bottle of whisky and a bottle of vodka on every table .

Never heard of anything like that. Some of the best free sessions I've had in pubs was on two occasions. Both were closing down and clearing out their stock of any wine, beer, cider, spirits, etc, etc, etc that had been opened or started. o_O

I would like to go, one day, to the Up Helly Aa festivities in Shetland, which are at New Year (I think). They get drunk and push a burning Viking boat out to sea. Clips of it were shown on Countryfile earlier, as part of a larger feature about Scottish traditions. The presenter of said features was black, and some of the experts interviewed on Scottish traditions were black. Nothing wrong with them - they were quite entertaining, especially the bloke of Ghanian heritage, but the whole thing was a glaringly obvious act of BBC brainwashing, and they must have spent some time (and money) looking for black experts on such things as clootie dumplings and haggis.

I would like to go, one day, to the Up Helly Aa festivities in Shetland, which are at New Year (I think). They get drunk and push a burning Viking boat out to sea. Clips of it were shown on Countryfile earlier, as part of a larger feature about Scottish traditions. The presenter of said features was black, and some of the experts interviewed on Scottish traditions were black. Nothing wrong with them - they were quite entertaining, especially the bloke of Ghanian heritage, but the whole thing was a glaringly obvious act of BBC brainwashing, and they must have spent some time (and money) looking for black experts on such things as clootie dumplings and haggis.
might have been in the Black Watch ;)

Can you tell us for how long women have been allowed in the past to take part in the Helly Aa?

Never so far - next year will be the first time!

Would you be accusing the BBC of 'brainwashing' if they have used women presenters in previous years?

Can you tell us for how long women have been allowed in the past to take part in the Helly Aa?

Never so far - next year will be the first time!

Would you be accusing the BBC of 'brainwashing' if they have used women presenters in previous years?

You are missing the point (deliberately of course, to make me look bad).

There are millions of women in Scotland.

You are missing the point (deliberately of course, to make me look bad).

There are millions of women in Scotland.
Nope, just pointing out that you seem to have a fixation on race/colour whilst avoiding an equally important discrimination...

Gender.

Why is that?

Sponsored Links
Back