What are you doing for New Year’s Eve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Us: Staying in and having a Thai dinner.
Personally, I'm not keen on NYE. All that forced jolliness, it takes forever for midnight to come around and it’s not as if you can **** off home straight afterwards. We've had 7 or 8 years of the last 10 away with friends and our dogs but times (and people) have changed. One couple have split up and two others have lost their dogs.

So, what are you up to?

Sponsored Links
Same as you by the sound of it. Just asked mrs filly if she wanted to go out but she wasn't fussed. We'd have left by 10 to come home anyway, it will be pretty busy and I'd have to shout (or speak in a large font) to be heard over the disco. I fear it's an age thing.

Just asked mrs filly if she wanted to go out but she wasn't fussed.

We were planning to go out for a meal but every half decent restaurant was wanting up to a hundred quid a person for a meal and 'entertainment'. No thanks

Sponsored Links
One couple have split up and two others have lost their dogs.
That's what happened to us when we lost our dogs.

I said to Mrs Bod "Let's split up"

She went left I went right and we found the dogs in the middle.

Doing nothing

Just staying up due to the possibility of fire works going off

Skippy becomes very frightened by them

Harry does not give a wat sit as he is from Kabul
(?)

Dunno why post is underlined

Which one ?
Presumably "No Time to Die" on ITV.
The last one for Craig.
And given all that bond has been through over the decades, he really could have survived this one - a disappointing ending for me!

So, what are you up to?

Nowt much special, this evening. Had a bath, then put the dog in for a good soak. Spent much of the rest of the evening, blow-drying her off. M, eal was just Hunter's chicken, instead of our usual roast - we are having a fancy roast tomorrow instead.

We'll be sitting up until after midnight, with TV on loud, to try to drown out the fireworks, simply because they frighten the dog.

Sponsored Links
Back