Holiday off to a bad start.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're setting off today for a new year break in the Peak District with friends and their dogs. Four couples and two single women. I’ve got a rotten hacking cough that bloody hurts every time I cough, one couple lost their dog two weeks ago, one of the single women’s dogs has an infected paw, the other one has been ill since Christmas Day, one of them has a son that had a spinal operation on the 23rd, another one has a parent who was taken in hospital two days ago and another one has been told that due to staff sickness, they have to work right up to New Year’s Eve. We couldn’t muster up a fit, unworried, ****ed off person amongst the lot of us. It’s going to be ****ing great! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
As the song goes,
"Things, can only get better!"
I hope they do get better for you and you all have a nice relaxing break.

I don’t think so. Pretty sure I haven’t. The wife has just got over something similar that lasted three weeks.

Sponsored Links
We're setting off today for a new year break in the Peak District with friends and their dogs. Four couples and two single women. I’ve got a rotten hacking cough that bloody hurts every time I cough, one couple lost their dog two weeks ago, one of the single women’s dogs has an infected paw, the other one has been ill since Christmas Day, one of them has a son that had a spinal operation on the 23rd, another one has a parent who was taken in hospital two days ago and another one has been told that due to staff sickness, they have to work right up to New Year’s Eve. We couldn’t muster up a fit, unworried, ****ed off person amongst the lot of us. It’s going to be ****ing great! :rolleyes:
That's Christmas for you.

My telly packed up Christmas eve.

Id rather spend Christmas and New year on Albert Square than be with you lot... ☺️

Just got back this afternoon from Zell. Brilliant holiday and one the sprogs won't forget. Three families (10 peeps in total) all skiing at different levels. No broken bones and everyone skied, even the 56yr old who only clipped her first pair of skis on this year.

Glad to get away from the UK and all its coughs and colds and lousy, miserable politics. Feel very refreshed.

I'm cruising around the Canaries on board the good ship Marella Explorer.....28 degrees and calm seas. Feels like I'm on a different planet! Madeira for fireworks on New year's eve :cool:
John :)

I'm cruising around the Canaries on board the good ship Marella Explorer.....28 degrees and calm seas. Feels like I'm on a different planet! Madeira for fireworks on New year's eve :cool:

Enjoy, eat well before you get there. I personally hate the place. :LOL:

I started by going to Tenerife 20th November, 23rd of December we flew to Seville and spent three nights there. After that we had a night in Mérida. This is my second night in Lisbon, we’ve got another night here then off to albufeira for two nights. Then a night in Badajoz and back to Seville for a night before going back to Tenerife. I’m halfway through this break and it’s been great so far.
If you’ve not stopped in Tenerife yet, there’s a free place you van visit 2 minutes from your ship. It just across the road, no need to go into the plaza de españa, just go across the wee crossing. It’s underground and you can see the old city walls, defensive positions, canons etc. It’s worth a visit.

Sponsored Links
Back