DIY Course - to go on not to go, that is the question....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Has anyone ever attended a local DIY course? There is a further education college, near to where I work, offering a 10 week course for £80 quid to cover basic DIY, plus any specific issues we want taught.

Has anyone ever attended one of these type of adult education evening courses? Are they worth it? My finance to be is not a DIYer and I am very interested in DIY (hence on this forum). I have also had a few plumbing issues lately in my flat which has accelerated my urge to understand stuff more.
:cool:

Sponsored Links
I actually taught DIY night classes in my early teaching days....but the range of clientele that attended varied so much that it was very difficult to please them all. I think you should find out more about the course by having a chat with the teacher/lecturer in person to find out whats on offer.

For example, you might want to do some basic plumbing - but that may not be on the syllabus. It will help him a lot if suggestions are made as to what you want to know - beginners plumbing, electrical, tiling, painting etc. A ten week course isnt very long, and you can only really scratch the surface on most topics.

However a 10 week course on nothing but woodwork is maybe not what you want either. You have to bear in mind that some of the people in the class may have never even held a screwdriver in their lives before - but others are really quite competent.

You'll enjoy it if it has a content you're interested in.

Cheers John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back