DIYnot.com Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shutpa

Now there's an idea. How about a get together at Christmas for all registered members. Just imagine meeting some of your heroes in the flesh! Of course, with so many in attendance, it would have to be B.Y.O.B. (beer not bat!). And we would need a venue with a difference - how about one of the outlying islands of the United States? I'm sure Empip would love to let us have the use of his pad or luxury villa.

Naturally, from the membership, we would have to have a guest of honour, an MC and someone to do a warm-up comedy act (nominations for all three please).

Attending members would be required to bring a 'special gift' for a member of their choice and say why they brought that particular item.

ps If Christmas is unsuitable how about April 1

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't be a very big turnout, from what I've been reading only be two,

me and everybody else is just softus using different names.

Wouldn't be a very big turnout, from what I've been reading only be two,

me and everybody else is just softus using different names.

Ah, but can you prove that you are you and not Softus?

Sponsored Links
sorry to be a wet blanket, it will not work, although a nice idea.

too much traveling (for where ever it is) too much arguing and some one will hit some one else (or hit a mod)

notb665 and myself could provide the music as (for those that don't remember) we posted some Christmas carols on guitar that we did.

Sorry Mods I forgot, you have another job too. Who else could we rely on to LOCK the doors? (to keep everyone in of course!).

Since nobody has mentioned the 'special presents', can I , as the person who thought up the idea of having a Christmas party, make a suggestion. If joe90 can't think of a present, perhaps a brick, suitably wrapped of course, would make an ideal gift for Megawatt. It could act as the foundation stone for the wall that he, Megawatt, could build and batter his head off when they are taking part in a debate.

sorry it isn't going to happen :cry:

i believe if you search you will see it has been mentioned before (DIYnot meet up, i think it was)

its too logistacal and some will not want to meet others.

For example, would you really want to see me? ( i thought not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back