DIYnot suddenly not working Firefox

Sponsored Links
Really odd. I rebooted my laptop. Same problem in chrome, even when I tried Incognito. I went back to regular Chrome and noticed that the pop up had a tiny globe on the top right hand side. I clicked on it- I was then presented with a language drop down list. I selected EN and it let me in.

Bizarrely it is not visible in the screenshots that I posted earlier. The only other thing that I did before rebooting was to turn off Ublock Origin.

I am currently posting from Chrome.

It doesn't mater what I click, neither the "save settings" or continue with "recommended cookies" work in chrome. I guess a reboot may help, earlier today I turned Ghostery back on. I subsequentally turned it off, but I haven't rebooted the laptop or chrome since then.

Yep, that is where I and Firefox become stuck.

Yep, that is where I and Firefox become stuck.

I have no recollection of how it happened, but I eventually saw the little globe , and then clicked on it. I suspect it may have been a function of turning off Ublock Origin or Ghostery in the meantime.

Having looked at a previous tab, it looks like my browser, or more specifically, a plug in, stopped the page frome loading

1688064297410.png

To be honest, I have no idea why my extensions suddenly blocked the Javascript- see the red bits on the bottom right.

Sponsored Links
I may have found a workaround...

I swapped FF to troubleshoot mode (on the Help menu), DIY then worked fine in that mode, on switching back to normal with all addons loaded, DIY worked as normal again.

That cookie consent page seems to be served up by

If you click on their link, you will see exactly the same layout.

They also seem to run gatekeeper.com which deals with GDPR pop ups.

Back