Widgets no More

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For all you other grumpy old gits who have no interest in Facebook, Buzz, Twitter or any other privacy invading social network.

You can get rid of the pesky widgets which track you, and also speed up DIYNot considerably. It's been really really slow recently and I've worked out how to fix it.

Just follow the instructions on here..

http://www.techairlines.com/2010/12/12/block-social-buttons-widgets/

I use firefox and already have Adblock Plus installed, I added another filter which cleared my browser of all these sites the young, sexy and foolish love to use but which I am far too old and grumpy to enjoy. Also got no mates and that makes me look a bit ****tish on Facebook.

Try it, DIYnot pages will load quickly again and you can get to all the inane nonsense posted twice as fast!

Sponsored Links
There is also "NoScript".

It is a bit more overkill, I spend most time with it off, but occasionally you come across a website where it is a godsend.

Sponsored Links
with reference to a number of posts on here of late, are you allowed to call them 'Widgets'? :eek: shouldn't that be size challenged apps? ;)

still seems to load all the FB tweet etc icons :-s. Also it looks suspiciolus to me, thos warning about data gathering. I've uninstalled it as it didn't seem to make any difference whatsoever to the page load speed. Just gone back to the old method of switching Javascript off for certain sites

Back