DN Pipe size help???

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi All,

Can someone help me identificere What size DN pipe diameter the below stainless steel flex hose is?

I dont usually work with this type of flex hose and due to the corrigation i am not sure What size annular fitting I need?

IMG_9493.jpeg

IMG_9495.jpeg

Is it based on the internal bore size of the external corrigation???

If so What size is this hose?

Thanks for any assistance!

Sponsored Links
That looks like a stainless steel semi-rigid pipe connector for connecting gas work, if that’s the case either ask in the combustion chamber part of the site or ask somewhere else as gas advice is prohibited on an open forum.

Which is not a very good idea, as one could just forge ahead with no advice/help and blow the place up.
I understand what you’re saying but it’s been widely publicised and documented not to mess with gas if you’re not competent enough. Are you saying we should be giving sound gas advice so people can diy with gas?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I think advice should be given. If it was given, it might help to prevent a catastrophe.

Before everyone starts a discussion about gas advice! These pipes a flex pipes for a ASHP flow and return! The are use by Vaillant for water!!!

Annual fittings are also used for Solar Thermal. Sorry if I was not clear that this is for a heat pump but it didn’t occur to me that this type of pipe was also used for gas!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
yes the fitting is 28mm but if you look at the picture the pipe has been flattened. If I shorten the pipe it will be over the corrugated pipe and therefore need a circlip. My question is what size should it be over the corrugated pipe and where do I find such a fitting?

yes the fitting is 28mm but if you look at the picture the pipe has been flattened. If I shorten the pipe it will be over the corrugated pipe and therefore need a circlip. My question is what size should it be over the corrugated pipe and where do I find such a fitting?
Sorry, I’m lost now, I can’t see it flattened and not sure I follow it being over the corrugated pipe.

Have a look at this thread:

Same issue!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back