Shortening a Flex Stainless Steel Pipe for ASHP?

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to shorten a flexible stainless steel flex hose for a Vaillant ASHP?

I have previously purchased flex connection hoses from Vaillant that could be shortened using a circlip, but it would appear that they have changed their manufacturing process, and this isn't possible anymore?

The pipe is the same as solar thermal pipe so I presume I can use a similar fitting suitable to solar thermal. Does anyone know what I should buy and where I can source the circlip and nut to fit over the corrugated pipe for a 28mm connection?

I have attached some images which show this in a bit more detail as well as a link to a video showing the older version of flex hose supplied by Vaillant which could be shortened.

thumbnail_IMG_9490.jpg

New Pipe without a circlip... Notice the flat piece that is not corrugated.

thumbnail_IMG_9476.jpg

Old Pipe as shown in the YouTube video link where the nut goes over the corrigations and uses a circlip.

thumbnail_IMG_9473.png

Required parts to use with a Vaillant Arotherm Flex connection hose

Screenshot 2024-04-03 181349.png

I hope someone can help???

Sponsored Links
I just ordered another set for a new install today and got a completely new set of flex hoses which look nothing like the original Vaillant AroTherm flex connection set.
IMG_7214.jpeg
IMG_7212.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back