DNA testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Researchers from the University College London warn

That dna tests are so precise now that u could be implicated in a murder with out ever meeting the murderer ,going any where near the crime scene or even occupying the same space as the criminal at the same time or a different time

genetic material can now be detected in such tiny quantities that shaking hands with some body who later shakes hands with a killer could transfer your dna through 2 people on to a murder weapon .

ucl researchers say that there are likely to have been wrongful convictions on the basis of dna being indirectly transferred onto a murder weapon . Although this would be hard to prove

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm sure the people that matter can separate the wheat from the chaff.

but can they Noseall this is the point ??

Scientists ability to interpret DNA has not kept up with there ability to detect it

this could now pose a threat to innocent people ??

Scientists ability to interpret DNA has not kept up with there ability to detect it
Scientists do the lab work and detectives do the detective work. There is usually more than one detective working on a murder case too.(y)

Scientists do the lab work and detectives do the detective work. There is usually more than one detective working on a murder case too.(y)

It would appear that u do not "quite" understand the potential issues ? ;)

There is a similar issue when the authorities swab people's hands for illegal drugs. They quickly found that many innocent people were producing positive results due to fine residues of drugs being transferred by the handling of paper money. The same notes used by those who snort their fixes.

Same thing happened way back with swabbing hands for signs of handling explosive material ??

think some people called the maguire (family) got jailed due to this flawed test

afai recall the same tests results can be achieved if those swabbed had used/handled playing cards ???

It would appear that u do not "quite" understand the potential issues ? ;)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am mentally retarded which I have told u or posted about on several occasions

I see another plumber has joined the mutual thanking of plumbers! :rolleyes:
Welcome sbgasman.

It reminds me of the old joke, only in reverse, about the Romans and the Gauls.
A Gaul climbed to the top of the ridge and challenged the Romans to send their best man.
After some thought the Roman Legionnaire sent his finest, who subsequently disappeared, and never returned.
The next thing, the Gaul returned and challenged the best two Romans!
After a while the Roman Legionnaire sent his next best two warriors, who never returned.
So the Gaul challenged the ten best Roman warriors, who subsequently ascended the ridge. Much fighting noise was heard. Then nothing!
Then the Gaul returned and challenged the best one hundred Roman warriors.
One hundred Roman warriors ascended the ridge. Much fighting noises were heard.
One Roman warrior managed to crawl back to the ridge. "Get back, get back!" he shouted, "it's a trap! There's two of them!"

With these plumbers, every time you discredit one, there is several to support their colleague or to take their place!

Last edited:
Scientists do the lab work and detectives do the detective work. There is usually more than one detective working on a murder case too

Regrettably, detectives seem to be working on the assumption of guilt in far too many cases, and don't bother doing their job properly. If a scientist were to say the persons DNA proved it, then they would take that as their starting point, and pass the case to the CPS for recommending a trial. Similarly, they have been told to assume that if ther is an accusation of rape of sexual abuse, then they are to believe the accusor, and assume that the accused is guilty.

With the need to achieve their targets, they'll look to achive them rather than do a good job I'm afraid. Sadly, you're comments should be correct, but they're not any longer.

Regrettably, detectives seem to be working on the assumption of guilt in far too many cases, and don't bother doing their job properly. ....... then they are to believe the accusor, and assume that the accused is guilty.
I think you may be misunderstanding the process.
The detectives find the evidence. They do that based on an assumption. They have no other reason to look for evidence. They do not have the resources to explore wasteful avenues. It is not about "doing the job properly". It is about doing the job efficiently.
The CPS assess the evidence to investigate whether there is sufficient to warrant a charge.
I accept there is political interference sometimes.

They do that based on an assumption.

But they shouldn't work that way. Someone makes an accusation, and they should investigate it to see where it takes them. When you work on an assumption, you are by definition, making a judgement, and that's the CPS's job, not the police's. When they are told to believe a rape accusation, they don't bother to check if the accuser is lying, and there was a case recently where the jury took 15 minutes to aquit the accused, and the judges questioned why CPS has brought the obviously flawed case, and why the police obviously hand't done their job properly.

And if a scientist says that there's a murderers DNA on someones clothes, they should back that up with motive and opportunity, not assume that the scientists has found the guilty person.

As the old saying goes, when you assume something, you make an ASS of U and ME.

I think you may be misunderstanding the process.
The detectives find the evidence. They do that based on an assumption.

Perhaps you could join the Police when you are old enough and provide your superiors with lots of BBC links to provide irrefutable evidence to ensure convictions

Sponsored Links
Back