Do decorators still use masking tape?

First time I have ever disagreed with TheDec...

Once my brushes wear down I resign them to rough work, masonry etc.

I expect cleaner lines from a brand new Wooster Ultra Pro than an aging one.

TBF I guess that TheDec was referring to natural bristle brushes and not synthetic ones.

A synthetic brush has flagged tips that will be lost over time- making the brush less efficient.

If you are being forced to use acrylic paints then add a little floetrol to the paint to help it flow. (Owatrol if using oil based)

I would not have any faith in a decorator using masking tape to cut in. Even less in one that used standard masking tape on a glass and leaving it for more than a day or to, use the blue stuff unless you want the UV light to make the glue rock hard

Sponsored Links
Opps,

Welcome back, you have'nt been on here for sometime now. Had a couple of Months break myself.

Yes it was the natural china bristle brush, would'nt myself use anything else for oils. See you still aint keen on the Acrylics, anyway nice to here from you again. I remember you once saying this to me so now I guess it's my turn.

Keep it up

Dec

Hi Dec-

cheers.

Whilst I love this forum I got fed up with some of the know-it-alls who subscribe to the if you can P1$$ you can Paint mentality.

Yep I still hate acrylic- in the next couple of weeks I have to strip and repaint (for free) an exterior door that I painted last summer (Farrow and Ball). Fortunately I have found a two pack primer and top coat that is exterior happy.

The more solvents they take out of the paints the closer I move to the more harmful products

I did read in the Bibs'n'Braces forum that they might be able to undo the 2010 debacle by reclassifying the paints so that they can put the goodness back into them...

Sponsored Links
That is interesting news, with any luck they will get it right second time around. I have become tired of explaining to customers why their paint is yellowing after a couple of weeks.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back