Do EDF fit supply isolators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm about to begin replacing everything my side of the meter, and have been onto my local distributor (EDF-I'm in NW London) about fitting an isolator to allow me to put in a new CU safely without having to call in the fuse fairy ;) , who by the way already seems to have visited my house...
There have been plenty of posts here over time where posters have suggested this, all confident that the local DNO will do this. However, I'm having no luck with EDF, who passed me around from Dept to dept before saying "sorry, that's not something we do". Has anyone had the same response? Did you give up at this point?
If this is the case then I'll just have to call them out to pull the fuse (Unless this is something else they don't do!) and fit an isolator meself.
Ta in advance
JB

P.S I will be contacting LABC before I start.
P.P.S. I am qualified to do this :)

Sponsored Links
It's not generally the DNO's problem, as generally once the supply leaves the service head it's not their problem any more. It's your suppliers (i.e. the company you pay the bill to)'s problem from cut-out to output side of meter, and then your problem from there onwards.

I had my supplier (British Gas) fit an isolator - cost me about £30 if I remember correctly, so I'd suggest trying your supplier, rather than EDF - they might be able to help...

Tried...and failed!
We're with Scottish Power, weren't interested, they put me on to EDF! Oh well....maybe I'll switch to British Gas :cool:

i am with EDf in an EDF DNO area, they said when i had my meter replaced if i sourced an isolator then they guy would wire the tails in as it was not something they did themselves.

Guy turns up fits my new meter and refuses to fit isolator they haven't supplied.

http://www.edfenergy.com/products-s...rks-spn-chargesforuse-meterservices011006.pdf

this pdf doesn't have a price for fitting an isolator, but the meter guy said pull the fuse fit the isolator and call edf to reseal the meter.

Sponsored Links
British Gas came out recently to change my meter, I asked the man if he could fit an isolator which I had. He could not do it because a supervisor would follow to check his work and he could be sacked for connecting the isolator, as it was not on his job sheet. When he left there were a couple of sealing wires and seals in the meter box to reseal the fuse!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back