Do I have a wiring issue on my Y Plan 3 port valve?

@ianmcd (or anyone else who reads the post) might be able to shed some light, but it’s a little passed my skill set as not fully up there with wiring yet.

Sponsored Links
I have just found a wire that goes live when CH only is on but it isn’t connect to anything, as pictured

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 65
@ianmcd (or anyone else who reads the post) might be able to shed some light, but it’s a little passed my skill set as not fully up there with wiring yet.

Marigot thanks very help for your help so far, it’s a bit of a mystery.

So I have found the following

1 loose wire that goes live with HW
1 wire that goes live with CH (but not connected to anything)

I have just found a wire that goes live when CH only is on but it isn’t connect to anything, as pictured

This could be your issue, but probably needs testing correctly, and wiring correctly.

Sponsored Links
This could be your issue, but probably needs testing correctly, and wiring correctly.

that was my issue...very strange, no idea how the electrician managed to do that but I just plugged the white wire into the red one which went live when CH is on and it seemed to work fine now...bit suspicious if I’m honest.

move teated CH and HW independently and they seem fine. Just need to test both at same time

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back