do i have to tank?

G

greeny4

im tiling a shower cubicle. Can i get away with tiling straight onto plasterboard or do i need to tank it or plaster it as well? cheers rick.

Sponsored Links
im tiling a shower cubicle. Can i get away with tiling straight onto plasterboard
If it’s standard Wallboard, for a couple of years or so; if it’s moisture resistant then for a while longer.
or do i need to tank it or plaster it as well? cheers rick.
If you want it to last longer than above, then definately tank it, dont plaster it.

Sponsored Links
would advise the HOMELUX tanking kit not the paint on one.. ;)

thats a defo from me to mate ;)

alright mate hope you have been away earning plenty :LOL:

only been working about 30 miles away but staying late, its a small terrace of 8, 3 storey houses, which have been refurbished by the builder, so i got a downstairs toilet,utility room, kitchen (walls and floors), 1st floor, bathroom (walls and floors) and ensuite (walls and floors),then the same on top floor. But i am also doing the plumbing work as well
Will be finished next week, so by the time i am getting home its fairly late and i am knackered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back