Do I need a Chimney Pot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to fit a wood burning stove, But unsure whether I will need to fit a chimney pot to the top of the chimney stack. The top of the chimney has been blocked off.

Would It be possible to fit the flue liner and attache a rain cap to the top of the liner and cement round the base of the rain cap?

Many thanks

Challenger605

Sponsored Links
Wood burning stove in London I thought they banned all that years ago because people could not see were they were going and also respiration illnesses, if you do not put a clay pot on top, it will not last long as the sulphur in the gasses you are producing will eat your aliminium coweling.

I'm sure Clearview stoves are so clean you can use them in 'Smokeless zones' in the capital - but i read that a while ago!

Hi,

I would like to fit a wood burning stove, But unsure whether I will need to fit a chimney pot to the top of the chimney stack. The top of the chimney has been blocked off.

Would It be possible to fit the flue liner and attache a rain cap to the top of the liner and cement round the base of the rain cap?

Many thanks

Challenger605

I would of thought so....

Tom

Sponsored Links
It is, in fact it's the only known way to clean a flue. Also it's one of the few careers for which orphans are suited, that or a life of crime under the auspices of a racial stereotype

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back