Do I need a door contact and pir and keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a half glass upvc door which opens straight onto a staircase up to my hall (live in upstairs flat), behind door is my old remote keypad, I also had a door contact for my old wooden door and a pir at the top of the stairs pointing down at the door. So if I was to fit a new system and I have to start here what would you recommend as I fitted all this 30 years back with a city electrical kit ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The question would be hows it wired?

pictures may help, identify the units involved and how it maybe wired.

Sorry I’m starting from scratch but need to get the wiring in atm as I’m lowering ceilings, so just need to know if in this day and age do I still need them ?
Thanks

801C26C4-80B5-4998-9BB2-AF7D1B27CD91.jpeg 57ABEA87-6A79-4AB6-B42E-D06A06FFEE12.jpeg 20ABD6DB-17EE-4531-919F-310B6DA53A86.jpeg FC290AC1-5908-4EDF-9E64-69972B440936.jpeg 0AD1E28C-BDB3-4CC5-92F5-4D5FBFDA3E21.jpeg Okay update with pics, looking down to front door, up from front door existing keypad and top landing. Have access to use a wired system and the old one had pir pointing down to door a door contact and a pir in top landing covering the bathroom door. So if I was fitting new what sensors for the stairs front door would I use and would I fit a keypad downstairs.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it was my flat I would fit a keypad at the bottom of the stairs , door contact and a pir , plus a keypad at the top of the stairs ....plus what ever was required upstairs

Thanks my plan was door contact at the bottom of the stairs, pir pointing down the stairs and never thought about a keypad at the top( used to have an open area at the landing with control unit with built in keypad )
Okay for just the above recommend me a kit or what ever including bell box/siren or what make to go for and some way to alert me smart phone ?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back