Do I need a vertical stack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating my 1900 house. It has the two soil system.

One pipe from a ground floor toilet and one from an outside scullery drain which the kitchen waste goes into. There is no vertical soil stack or even any inspection chambers.

I want to convert an upstairs boxroom into a toilet using a saniflo and do this before renovating downstairs so as to not be without a loo.
I was thinking of having an inspection chamber put in and feeding the Saniflo waste pipe into it.

But wonder if putting in a stack would be a better way or not as that way will need much more trenching etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i would have thought stack better becuse you cdont need a saniflo.

great idea but they seem to be a pain to fix, get blocked easily too.

dont forget that after its last pumping session the pipe will be full of........, so if you have to open it you are liable to get covered in .......

I was thinking of having an inspection chamber put in

It will have to be inspected by BCO and they will probably insist that you put a stack up anyway if there is not one already. :D

Do it properly and it will add value to your house. :D

Sponsored Links
You would only need a stack if there was a possibility that traps could be sucked from flushing the toilet or pulling the bath plug.

If the layout makes this unlikely, then a stack would not be required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back