Do I need an Isolator Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, chaps, I'm about to fit a basin and bath tub and I'm not sure if I need to fit in an isolator value to each pipe(hot and cold).

I know they are good for servicing but do i need them on the bath and basin.

If so how do i get them on the copper pipes, how difficult is it to install.

Also, i heard its a lot easier to use flexible pipe connectors if the copper pipes are not the right length.

In Desperate need for answers.

thanks in advance

SHAD

Sponsored Links
Good practice to fit isolaters to every appliance.
You can purchase flexis with an inbuilt isolater.

thanks Bahco, i suppose thats what I'll buy. But do you know how easy it is to fit the valve to the copper pipe. I know that the tap end just screws in, but how about the isolator end, how will it screw into the copper pipe.

If anyone can help, then great.

thanks again

SHAD

they dont, you put the nut on, then the olive then the fitting, bring nut/olive up, tighten nut, hey presto ! done

Sponsored Links
The flexies have either a push fit end for the copper pipe, or a compression fitting. Push fit is probably worth the extra couple of quid for an easy time.

It isn't normal to put isolators on the bath because they are restrictive to the flow and they'd be under the bath anyway. If you do use other than 22mm copper to the bath taps , make sure the bore is large, unless you have high pressure hot water (eg from combi)

Thanks a lot guys, that answers the whole isolator and flexi pipe concerns I had.

Thanks a lot to everyone that replied :D

Kind regards

SHAD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back