Isolation valves for basin and cistern

I have to ask, the Hot and cold feeds coming from under the floor ... where do they come from? do they turn left or right under the floor somewhere? Or are they straight along to that right hand stud wall?

Sponsored Links
The original pipes were under the floor board and head straight towards the back wall. I assume they come from the kitchen and cloakroom. This is their final stop.

I’ve used the hep elbows on these and set out pipe work for the new bathroom accordingly

As it looks like 1500 or 1600 tub I think I would have had the valves 90° from where you have them, they'll be tight to the sloping bath end there if they ever need removing.
Just an observation, with valves one end an taps/waste the other, the front panel will need to be easily removable or two removable ends? also are supply pipes high in relation to bottom of taps making more difficult to get smooth run on flexible tails? Mind Im told Im fussy,something to do with being a Virgo:)
What waste are you going to use?

Thanks @lostinthelight. It's always helpful to have these suggestions as it means I can improve and progress :)
Here are pics with the bath in place.

Attachments

• 20190925_135753104_iOS.jpg
    20190925_135753104_iOS.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190925_135838427_iOS.jpg
    20190925_135838427_iOS.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links
Looking ok @Jupiter01 but to keep it looking good, isolate those feeds, take the flexi's apart and take the PTFE tape off of the threads. ;) If using it at all, only around the olive (y)

You are on mains hot and cold aren't you?

I've not used PTFE. I think its water compound that's visible on the threads.
Is this what you are referring to?

a thread sealing compound? Boss white or similar? If it's all new it doesn't need anything like that.

You only really need a thread compound if you are connecting male fittings into female fittings/tappings, where the seal is made at the threads. Like an outside tap into a wall plate.

Yes, I think it's like boss white. One I've had for donkey years!
I am tuned to smear a bit of this on every thread of this ilk. I've noted your point - thanks.
Is it problematic if this is used in this situation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back