Fitting an isolation valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Simple enough question.

I'm fitting a new bathroom but whoever fitted the existing bathroom didn't put any isolation valves on any of the supplies either to the bath, the basin or the toilet; so I'm doing this as a matter of course to make things easier in the future.

The toilet is fed by the usual 15mm pipe so I'm fitting a standard 15mm/15mm compression fitting. Does anyone know either hoe much pipe I need to remove, or how to work this out ?

Many thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
TBH m8 i would not consider doing the bath, its awkward enough as it is under there. To determine the length of pipe to remove is simple.
Remove the two compression nuts on the iso valve. Once removed you will see a " shoulder" where the pipe eventually sits. Measure from that "shoulder" to the opposite "shoulder". Say its 20mm for example, thats how much pipe you need to remove for a nice snug fit :).

WelshMan said:
TBH m8 i would not consider doing the bath, its awkward enough as it is under there. To determine the length of pipe to remove is simple.
Remove the two compression nuts on the iso valve. Once removed you will see a " shoulder" where the pipe eventually sits. Measure from that "shoulder" to the opposite "shoulder". Say its 20mm for example, thats how much pipe you need to remove for a nice snug fit :).

Thanks for the reply WelshMan.

I hear what you're saying about the room under the bath. If it was staying in place I wouldn't even consider it, but its coming out anyway (will need a few weetabix that day ....its an old cast iron one !!)

The other end to the taps has an electric shower which is fitted into a tiled false wall,which is also being removed - so there'll be plenty of room when the new bath goes in.

....and when it comes time for that, there'll be a few more questions : new bath donated by friends who are having a new bathroom suite and kindly agreed to give us their virtually unused jacuzzi-bath. So the power supply for the electric shower will come in handy :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You may be better using a isolating tap connector on the wc. This will fit direct to the ball valve inlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back