Do I need extra CCTV equipment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the CCTV the house has. I don't think it's anything high end. We don't currently have internet access at the house but we will do on the near future. We will want to be able view the cameras over the internet/via an app. So of I need to upgrade anything I will do beforehand.

Already installed is:
3 X cameras, (2 front, 1 rear)
Qvis LX Zeus HD

Anything else, or is it a case of connect it to internet and that's it. Should I run an HDMI so can view it on the TV also?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your manual for the system should advise on internet connectivity and app to use.

upgrade question depends on what criteria you would consider upgrading.

if it does its job, then doesn't need upgrading, good image? day and night?

upgrade question depends on what criteria you would consider upgrading.

if it does its job, then doesn't need upgrading, good image? day and night?

I don't have a manual as it was already installed in the house we purchased. I haven't worked out how to view yet, if it's all switched on and recording to the qvis box, how do I the view this?

Sponsored Links
search for the model in google you will find a manual, I would have to do the same as I dot use this gear day to day, I normally take qvis out.

search for the model in google you will find a manual, I would have to do the same as I dot use this gear day to day, I normally take qvis out.
Is not that because Qvis is no good? Or another reason? Any recommendations for a replacement?

I haven't tried it and many of the systems I have come across have failed already, but cant say if they have failed because they were messed with or due to quality. Installers tend to find something they like and stick with it until they start having lots of issues and then they look elsewhere. The only live streams I have seen on qvis have been low res cameras of some age, things move on.

I use HIK usually, I did try Dahua once, the distributor supplied non dahua cameras and a rebadge dahua NVR, the cameras failed within days and the NVR and HDD they supplied also failed, so haven't bought it since yet some swear by it.

HIK darkfighters with auto switch sensitivity at 7, seems to keep them full colour 24/7 in the low lighting conditions, however the new color vu seems to work in the pitch black from what I have seen but not given one a full road test as yet.

You should get cameras specified for what they are being used for and the lighting conditions they are subjected to

The color vu definitely don’t work in pitch black ! They need some background light / street lighting

I haven't seen in the field have seen in a blacked out room, when the have the right resolution available I will be giving it a full and proper test.

The darkfighters I use are full colour with minimal light.

Looks the places I normally order from are out of stock at the minuet, the color vu cameras have visible light leds built in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back