Do I need to buy a £30 bag of floor tile adhesive to fit 4 tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to fit 4 floor tiles, 30 x 30cm each, they are on floorboards with ply screwed on top.

I understand I need to use a good quality flexible adhesive like Bal, but it seems expensive for so few tiles.

There are a lot of new gun based tube adhesive products, I wondered if there's something suitable in that kind of thing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Would suggest a gun based adhesive will not provide 100percent coverage of floor.

Suggest this

Thanks, but it doesn't say it's flexible, and the q and a says for solid substrates only.

Missed that.
I have used the BAL flexible on wood floor and it was excellent product for that application. But as you say expensive for only a few tiles. And sorry to say that I have not seen or used any similar flexible products.
SfK

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't a grid pattern of silicone sealant from a gun do the job?

A 20kg bag will cost £19, how many tubes of adhesive would you need 2/3 at £7 each?
not the same brand, but better suited than tube adhesive.

£15

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back