Do I need to inform BCO for like-for-like new toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 2003 6/4l flush toilet in my house that is probably a B+Q special or similar.

In the last 7 years, I have had the following fail:

1. Toilet seat

2. Flush valve (only one the plumber could get to fit was the Fluidmaster flapper type, and that needed replacement again after 4 years).

3. Seat

4. Flush handle, as backnut broke and not a BSP thread. Also it's an unusual design, ie it levers instead of twisting, and it doesn't really work too well with the flap.

In short, I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't cut my losses and fit a half decent quality toilet like an Ideal Standard Alto or Alto Eco.

The only thing that might change would be that the current toilet is 3/4" too low, and someone has used an offset to go UP to the soil pipe (!), so I'd have to put the new toilet on a platform to make sure it works correctly.

Is this notifiable work? Don't really want to spend £140 on the toilet, and the same again to notify.

Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere - I have searched the forums...

Riccardo

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back