Do I need to report this one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - was called to a leak at this council property today - I know its not wired correctly but is it dangerous and needs reporting? - thanks

Sponsored Links
report it ;)

there is trunking going to the cooker socket and trunkig going out so i bet there is a cooker outlet down the back of the cooker and the clown who fitted it dident no what a cooker outlet is :LOL:

yep, there was a cooker outlet, was more concerned about danger issues than the wiring itself becuase if I report it the tenant will probably get recharged -, ah well if it saves a life I get it repoted in the morning, thanks

Sponsored Links
I think he means by the way it curls towards the cooker top.

Also the way that cable leaves the box will mean it is not secured so could easily get tugged out. It leaves via a method not specified by the designer of the accessory.

Observation and recommendation - Code 2?

Or Code 3?

Cables must be not installed where they can be affected by heat from an external source. 522.2.1

Where the sheath has been removed from a cable its cores must be enclosed within an accessory or enclosure of the appropriate standard. 526.9

Pretty much all of 522.8 (Mechanical stresses)

Whether the trunking installation is fine or not depends upon the CPD and the cable CSA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back