Do I need to seal a concrete floor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, after much bashing all my old quarry tiles are up including the adhesive and the kitchen floor has only minor imperfections

Question is do I need to seal the floor before laying porcelain tiles with Keraflex Maxi ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry never heard of keraflex maxi !! sounds like a flexible tile adhesive (which you definately do not need on a solid subfloor) A standard adhsive is required.
I gather your subfloor is solid ?
The type of adhesive required is always dependant on the subfloor, tell us that and you might get the right info...

The Kitchen floor is concrete, I've removed quarry tiles that have been down about 20 years ..

So long as the floor is level you should be fine to tile straight on top. The advice these days is to put a DPM (damp proof membrane) down to stop excessie moisture getting to the floor but it's expensive and your adhesive might not stick to it so you might need a screed aswell.

If your old tiles were down twenty years your new ones should be fine.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back