Do i screed to bring the floor level back up?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG-20220706-WA0032.jpeg

There is currently a 25mm difference between the dining room and living room floor (seperated between a double door). The livingroom is the part which is higher than the livingroom. Checked with a surveyor and he said it is due to settlement and shouldnt move any further.

I am bringing up the Parquet flooring and going with LVT and want the transition from room to room to be the same height.

I have seen screeds which can go upto the 25mm depth but was wondering if i go for sand/cement or a liquid screed if all im doing is raising the floor level (no underfloor heating etc). Will be doing this myself so just wondering in relation to price difference & level of difficulty (i assume the self levelling screed is easier).

Thank you for any advice in advance

Sponsored Links
does each room section have an additional door?
ie a door to kitchen/hall?
You may find that it's more complicated than "level" and you need 'Flat" so that both entries into the newly floored area are ok with the rest of the house.

If you want LVT you need to take up all the wood block Then do a Dpm sandwich with ardex products

does each room section have an additional door?
ie a door to kitchen/hall?
You may find that it's more complicated than "level" and you need 'Flat" so that both entries into the newly floored area are ok with the rest of the house.
Ah yes so that doorway in my picture is the dining room to livingroom, inside the dining room there is also a doorway into the hallway, these levels will also probably be just off so will probably ended up brining up the hallway slightly too......which then leads to a downstairs toilet, which I am going to tile anyways so I can bring that up if needed during that process

Sponsored Links
If you want LVT you need to take up all the wood block Then do a Dpm sandwich with ardex products
Ah ok I was going to ask this, so I took up all the wooden blocks yesterday and what's left is the residue/glue (bitumen) on the bare flooring. Do I even need to bother scraping this stuff off if I'm going to be putting a layer of dpm (sheet I assume) over this anyway? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back