Do radiant/convector gas fires for balanced flues exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'm enquiring on belhalf of a friend who lives in a ground floor flat in a 1960s purpose-built 3-storey block. The flat is currently heated with (newish) electric night storage heaters and gets rather chilly at this time of year :(

A gas fire seems like a good solution for the main/living room, as there is already a gas supply in the adjacent kitchen.

They want something that's quite cheap but gives out a lot of heat, rather than one of the more expensive flame-effect things.

Does anyone know of any manufacturers who do one that's suitable for installation in situations like this, i.e. where there is an external wall but no chimney?

Cheers, and apologies if this doesn't belong in the CH section.

Happy new year,
Nick.

Sponsored Links
Baxi Brazilia comes to mind, though may not be current. Search the manufacturers' sites!

Robinson Willey used to do them "bantam" was one........just a box with heat inside and a cover.....but there are several fire effect ones on display @ Graham group Builders merchants..part of Jewson now :?:

Robinson Willey Sahara RS, although they are pricey. If the rooms not that big go for the Baxi Brazilia wall heater, it's half the price of the fire.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Baxi Brazilia comes to mind, though may not be current. Search the manufacturers' sites!
Thanks, Chris. These ARE still current, but only have an output of 1.5KW whereas I was hoping to find something with 3 or more. Worth bearing in mind though :)

Nige F said:
Robinson Willey used to do them "bantam" was one........just a box with heat inside and a cover.....but there are several fire effect ones on display @ Graham group Builders merchants..part of Jewson now :?:
Cheers, Nige. Looks like the Bantam is still current, and has an O/P of 2.1kW - not bad at all. It's not pretty though :eek: Are there any "traditional" ones available, i.e. with a ceramic bit that glows orange when it's on? (Nothing obvious on the usual websites as far as I can see).

keego said:
Robinson Willey Sahara RS, although they are pricey. If the rooms not that big go for the Baxi Brazilia wall heater, it's half the price of the fire.
Thanks, Keego. the Sahara RS looks nice and has got a good heat OP, but it's a shame to have to pay about £400 for flame-effect when it's not really wanted. But worth considering nonetheless. Cheers.

Valor used to do the ceramic one behind glass.....that was 25 years ago in my first flat :LOL: Not seen anything recent....but then I don`t install that stuff :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back