Do shower pumps wear down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had my shower pump in for close to 17 years, and think that the power is getting lower and lower over time. Do they need a service kit or replacement over time?
The pump is a Stuart Turner Monsson 3.0bar twin
Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes you can get service kits but it isn't really worth it TBH. @ 17 years old, lets be honest, it doesn't really owe you anything. Time to send it out for retirement and get a younger model in methinks. Even if you replace seals etc there's no guarantee something else won't go.

Only thing I`d check at that age is the filters aren`t clogged.

Sponsored Links
yes you can get service kits but it isn't really worth it TBH. @ 17 years old, lets be honest, it doesn't really owe you anything. Time to send it out for retirement and get a younger model in methinks. Even if you replace seals etc there's no guarantee something else won't go.
Looking at the price of a new pump they seem over a grand....Is there a competitive replacement for the one I have?
I have attached a photo if it helps
(its probably obvious I am not into plumbing)
Thanks
2a6wm8l.jpg
[/IMG]

I had the filters checked about a year ago when I had a water softener melt down, so I presume they are ok.
Presume nothing, check everything is the way I work.
Do you really need a 3bar pump?

Presume nothing, check everything is the way I work.
Do you really need a 3bar pump?
At least, some of the pipe runs are probably 25 metres.
I was wondering if it should be higher as some taps at the far end of the run have little pressure, even with low pressure taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back