Do these velux windows look properly installed to you?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see these zoomable pictures:
http://extrazoom.com/image-3954.html
http://extrazoom.com/image-3955.html

In person, the surrounding tiles look like they are curling up around the edges - not sure if this shows so well in the pictures. The velux windows of neighbouring properties nearby looked like the flashing around the edges sat more flush against the roof tiles, so I was wondering if these looked OK to you? Or might it be prone to leaks if the wind blew the rain the 'wrong' way?

Sponsored Links
The 'Velux' stepped flashing is supplied to cure this exact situation, but come in various height upstands under the tiles, looks like your installers may have gone for the wrong ones. Should be easily remedied by either the installer or yourself if, unfortunately, out of warranty...pinenot :)

The 'Velux' stepped flashing is supplied to cure this exact situation, but come in various height upstands under the tiles, looks like your installers may have gone for the wrong ones. Should be easily remedied by either the installer or yourself if, unfortunately, out of warranty...pinenot :)
Thank you, Pinenot. Is this something that I should fix with any urgency? Basically this is a loft converted flat that I am purchasing. Is this an expensive job to remedy? Should I ask the seller to fix it before I exchange, or is it only cosmetic and not worth worrying about? Just need to know if it's worth renegotiating on this. The surveyor didn't pick it up, or comment on it, in my report.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back