Do you have plywood or OSB sarking?

28 Oct 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I am about to build a house which will have attic trusses covered by some sort of sarking board (and then counterbattens, membrane, battens and slates).

I have read in one article that, if you are using square edge ply or OSB sheets as sarking material then you should leave a 3mm expansion gap between the sheets. I have also read that if you use square edge sheets then you must either support the edges with battens and nail to the battens (as well as the rafters) or use panel clips (H clips) to support the edges between the rafters.

Given that I can't find anywhere that sells panel clips, I assume that this isn't how people normally do it.

If you have a roof that has OSB or plywood sarking, how has it been fixed on? (and how thick is it?)

Thanks very much.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local